Subjectohci1394 unhandled interrupts bug in 2.6.14-rc2
I've been experiencing a bug in the Fedora kernels for awhile involving
the ohci1394 driver. If I include the driver in my initrd (causing it
to be loaded at boot time), the IRQ corresponding to my TI OHCI firewire
controller is disabled (message says "Disabling IRQ #11", I think due to
the kernel irq debug code noticing that it hasn't been handled too many
times). Since this IRQ is shared with my pcmcia, wireless, and usb
devices (don't ask me why it's wired this way, this is a Toshiba
Satellite laptop), nothing important works after the IRQ is disabled.

I've reproduced this problem under 2.6.14-rc2, which includes Al Viro's
latest fix to initialize interrupt handler spinlock (which I was hoping
would fix the problem but didn't).

Is this a known issue? Does the interrupt handler need to special case
initialization somehow and return IRQ_HANDLED even if there's no event
sometimes?

Thanks,
Jesse

  Last update: 2005-10-15 21:08    [W:0.047 / U:6.144 seconds]