SubjectRe: PATCH: Better fixup for the orinoco driver
On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 07:41:20PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> The latest kernel added a pretty ugly fix for the orinoco etherleak bug
> which contains bogus skb->len checks already done by the caller and
> causes copies of all odd sized frames (which are quite common)
>
> While the skb->len check should be ripped out the other fix is harder to
> do properly so I'm proposing for this the -mm tree only until next 2.6.x
> so that it gets tested.
>
> Instead of copying buffers around blindly this code implements a padding
> aware version of the hermes buffer writing function which does padding
> as the buffer is loaded and thus more cleanly and without bogus 1.5K
> copies.

While working on this area, shouldn't we just finally get rid of the
bogus ETH_ZLEN padding? There is no such requirement for IEEE 802.11.
This would remove need for the extra padding code you have in
hermes_bap_pwrite_pad(). The only requirement is to be able to add one
extra byte if the packet length is odd.

--
Jouni Malinen PGP id EFC895FA