SubjectRe: PS/2 Keyboard under 2.6.x
On 10/10/05, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@m1k.net> wrote:

> >My keyboard is a wireless thing that had a little dongle to make it
> >into ps2. I took that off and used the keyboard as a USB keyboard and
> >it works fine under SMP.
> >
> >This was on 2.6.13-gentoo-r3 for me.
> >
> Have either of you tried the kernel boot option usb=handoff ? I had
> similar problems, and this fixed it for me.
>
> --
> Michael Krufky

I have not, but in my case simply using the keyboard as a USB keyboard
was enough to make it work. What doesn't work is when I use it through
a dongle as a ps2 keyboard. I'm puzzled as to why usb=handoff would
fix the ps2 keyboard, but I'm willing to try it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Mark

  Last update: 2005-10-11 06:50    [W:0.028 / U:1.704 seconds]