    SubjectRe: [RFC] use radix_tree for non-resident page tracking
    On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 01:19:34PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, WU Fengguang wrote:
    > > I now realized that counters in struct zone should be better candidates.
    > Probably not, since a logical page could be swapped out from one
    > memory zone and paged back in to another.
    I managed to keep the page aging of each zone balanced in the patch:
    Zones in nearby nodes are also made balanced somewhat.

    The ages are currently measured by accumulated number of pages pushed into lru.
    I wonder that has the side effect of making other activities of each zone
    roughly balanced, too. It needs some testing. If so, we can just sum up counters
    of each zone in the current node.

    WU Fengguang
    Dept. of Automation
    University of Science and Technology of China
    Hefei, Anhui

      Last update: 2005-10-11 05:19    [W:0.018 / U:9.060 seconds]