    SubjectRe: Issues in Booting kernel 2.6.13
    Hi Randy, Devesh,

    Randy.Dunlap wrote:
    > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:25:03 +0200 Simen Thoresen wrote:
    >

    >>Hi Randy,
    >>
    >>Randy.Dunlap wrote:

    >>>If you need mpt drivers, there were some changes in the
    >>>FUSION MPT driver options that may be causing them not to be
    >>>built for you as you were expecting.
    >>
    >>I ran into this (2.6.13.3) on Friday as well, but I have not yet examined it
    >>in detail.
    >>
    >>Do you have any pointers to the relevant postings or information?
    >

    > No, I just recall seeing a few other problem reports and answers about it,
    > and then I compared the 2.6.12 and 2.6.13 .config files following
    > 'make defconfig'.

    It worked with 2.6.12.6, so I'm happy. It now remains to be seen if
    there was any point in upgrading .-)

    >>I've used the 'mkinitrd' tool to generate a 'proper' initrd, and I see both
    >>mptbase and mptscsih loading, but mptscsih never picks up any actual
    >>controllers or disks. Thus the same problem on my system.
    >>
    >>To me, this signifies that RHs mkinitrd is broken for this kernel, but I
    >>don't know the details of why yet.
    >

    > so maybe someone from Red Hat can answer/clarify.

    I agree. I'll cross my fingers that this gets fixed 'now' and not in
    time for RH5 :-)

    -S

    >>Yours,
    >>-S

    > ---
    > ~Randy
    > -

    Simen Thoresen, Wulfkit Support, Dolphin ICS
    http://www.tysland.com/~simentt/cluster