SubjectRe: Issues in Booting kernel 2.6.13
Hi Randy, Devesh,

Randy.Dunlap wrote:
> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:25:03 +0200 Simen Thoresen wrote:
>

>>Hi Randy,
>>
>>Randy.Dunlap wrote:

>>>If you need mpt drivers, there were some changes in the
>>>FUSION MPT driver options that may be causing them not to be
>>>built for you as you were expecting.
>>
>>I ran into this (2.6.13.3) on Friday as well, but I have not yet examined it
>>in detail.
>>
>>Do you have any pointers to the relevant postings or information?
>

> No, I just recall seeing a few other problem reports and answers about it,
> and then I compared the 2.6.12 and 2.6.13 .config files following
> 'make defconfig'.

It worked with 2.6.12.6, so I'm happy. It now remains to be seen if
there was any point in upgrading .-)

>>I've used the 'mkinitrd' tool to generate a 'proper' initrd, and I see both
>>mptbase and mptscsih loading, but mptscsih never picks up any actual
>>controllers or disks. Thus the same problem on my system.
>>
>>To me, this signifies that RHs mkinitrd is broken for this kernel, but I
>>don't know the details of why yet.
>

> so maybe someone from Red Hat can answer/clarify.

I agree. I'll cross my fingers that this gets fixed 'now' and not in
time for RH5 :-)

-S

>>Yours,
>>-S

> ---
> ~Randy
> -

Simen Thoresen, Wulfkit Support, Dolphin ICS
http://www.tysland.com/~simentt/cluster