    SubjectRe: [RFC] use radix_tree for non-resident page tracking
    On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 12:37:48PM -0400, Rik van Riel wrote:
    > > > How are you going to get the inter-reference distance
    > > > this way?
    > >
    > > How about taking down the current sum of `pgfree' in the slot?
    > Sounds like a good idea to me. Definately worth a try!
    I now realized that counters in struct zone should be better candidates.

    And the slots may be used to calculate the real inter-reference distances
    for dropped pages. For the present pages, we can either add entries to each
    page, or to radix_tree_node. I suspect the latter is enough because it should
    work well with sequential reads and sequential reads are the majority of page
    activities and the main source of flushing.

    WU Fengguang
    Dept. of Automation
    University of Science and Technology of China
    Hefei, Anhui

      Last update: 2005-10-10 19:22    [W:0.020 / U:12.592 seconds]