    SubjectRe: finding process blocking on a system call
    > You can't both block but have it added to the
    > runqueue--blocking means
    > it does not run... you either need to use
    > non-blocking calls or two
    > threads. If you want to find the process, top can
    > do this
    > (interactively) or you can use the /proc filesystem.

    I accept that we can't have a process both blocked
    and in the runqueue. See, I want to give a special
    state to the process blocked on a particular resource
    like semaphore as TASK_BLOCKED and I will not add it
    into the wait queue.
    If the scheduler picks up this blocked process
    again, I will identify the process that is having the
    semaphore and I will run that. with this, I am giving
    some timeslice of the blocked process to the process
    having that resource so that it can release it soon.
    So, if a process blocks on the syscall, I will
    change the state as TASK_MYSTATE. Since, a process may
    block on a system call for many reasons, I am not able
    to clearly figure out how can I do that? Can u help me
    regarding this?

    Do you Yahoo!?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.026 / U:35.532 seconds]