    SubjectRe: Open hardware wireless cards
    You don't have to buy a company. There are white label manufacturers which are
    happy to produce any card you like (but how big will the volume be?). The
    point is just to find or design the chipset, from there on the card.
    What is also possible, is just to design an open chipset like the openrisc
    guys did: They designed and published the design of a risc processor under I
    believe GPL (have to look it up).
    If you let companies use that design to produce their open card, you will have
    solved the problem. Companies like Trust (Dutch white label company: Buy a
    stack of stuff, and put Trust label on it), will probably pick this up

    > On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 09:17:07PM +0100, Raphael Jacquot wrote:
    > > Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
    > > >What I think we probably will have to do is just work torwards seeing if
    > > >we can come up with our own open wireless hardware. I know there was
    > > >a recent thread on lkml about an open video card -- anyone know where
    > > >that ended up?
    > >
    > > It's going. the company that the dude works at gave him the go ahead to
    > > work full time on the project.
    > >

    > Excellent we should start one for a wireless card. If we cannot come up
    > with enough expertise perhaps we can look into buying out a company (?)
    > Luis

    small to medium business</a>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.020 / U:5.760 seconds]