SubjectRe: APIC/LAPIC hanging problems on nForce2 system.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

> Martin Drab schrieb:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm witnessing a total freeze on my system when the APIC and LAPIC are
> > enabled in kernel 2.6.10-bk7.
>
> Do you know whether your bios already contains the C1 halt disconnect
> fix? I couldn't find this line in your dmesg:

Aha! That might be the problem. Because there is still the factory BIOS,
which is F11. I'll try the current F20 when I get home and I'll let you
know.

> PCI: nForce2 C1 Halt Disconnect fixup

OK, I'll check it out.

> Did it occur with earlier kernels? If yes, this is a regression.

Well as I said, with the native Mandrake kernel 2.6.8.1-12mdk everything
was OK. First vanilla kernel I tried on this MB was somthing about
2.6.9-rc2 if I remember correctly and it allready had the problem, and all
subsequent ones had it as well.

> Try as workaround if
>
> athcool off

OK, I'll try that.

> makes your system stable. If yes, you need above fix activated.

OK, I'll take a look at it and let you know of the results (hopefully in
few hours).

Thanks,
Martin

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.075 / U:0.332 seconds]