    SubjectRe: starting with 2.7
    Date
    Willy Tarreau wrote:

    > Anyway, when you manage your own distribution, you have no other solution
    > than reading lkml daily (better: continuously) to grab the required fixes
    > and apply them to your local tree. If you feel that sometime you won't be
    > able to do the backport, either you can ask on lkml, people are often
    > willing to help, or you need to rely on other people's work (read distro
    > kernels).

    I agree to rely on other people's work, but not _random_ distro kernels. The
    reason is that distros usually both fix bugs and test new features on their
    users.

    What's needed is an equivalent of linux-libc-headers: a vendor-neutral
    generally-accepted kernel usable as-is in most cases.

    --
    Alexander E. Patrakov