SubjectRe: cpu throttling powernow-k8 and acpi in kernel
Date
Georg Schild wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I have an acer aspire 1501 lmi with amd64 @3000+. i am running a gentoo
> 64bit dist with vanilla 2.6.10 kernel on it.
>
> i encounter some problems with the speed throttling of the cpu. this

Just for telling you what has caused my cpu to spin down all the time.
it looks like the acpi was right to tell me that the laptop got very
hot, i just didn't notice cause the air out of the laptop wasn't hot,
this was because some dust was somewhere in the fan/heatpipe which
caused the machine to overheat. now i know a bit more, acpi was right in
throttling the cpu, thank god for acpi ;)

cya and keep on the good work

Georg Schild

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.184 / U:0.476 seconds]