    SubjectRe: [patch] maintainers: remove moderated arm list
    On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:25:15AM +0000, Russell King wrote:
    > In that case, you can personally choose not to send mail there anymore.
    > It's completely up to you. No one is forcing you to send email to any
    > address.

    I don't plan to force anyone to do anything with their mailinglists.
    But we shouldn't mention lists with stupid policies as maintainer contacts.

    > You may wish to have 100% open communities everywhere, but unfortunately
    > we live in the real world where politicians get to make laws for us, and
    > we have to abide by them. If this means that people have to respect
    > peoples rights to privacy, and inform them when their privacy may not
    > be assured (and not violate that right to privacy without first doing
    > so.)
    >
    > I don't care if you personally agree with that or not. That's not what
    > it's about. It's about taking reasonable steps to cover ones own ass
    > and the communities ass to ensure survival in silly-law environments.

    Maybe you should offshore your lists to conuntries with saner laws (or
    at least to less obedient people..)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.021 / U:30.896 seconds]