SubjectRe: [patch] maintainers: remove moderated arm list
On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 09:25:15AM +0000, Russell King wrote:
> In that case, you can personally choose not to send mail there anymore.
> It's completely up to you. No one is forcing you to send email to any
> address.
I don't plan to force anyone to do anything with their mailinglists.
But we shouldn't mention lists with stupid policies as maintainer contacts.

> You may wish to have 100% open communities everywhere, but unfortunately
> we live in the real world where politicians get to make laws for us, and
> we have to abide by them. If this means that people have to respect
> peoples rights to privacy, and inform them when their privacy may not
> be assured (and not violate that right to privacy without first doing
> so.)
>
> I don't care if you personally agree with that or not. That's not what
> it's about. It's about taking reasonable steps to cover ones own ass
> and the communities ass to ensure survival in silly-law environments.

Maybe you should offshore your lists to conuntries with saner laws (or
at least to less obedient people..)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.276 / U:0.140 seconds]