    SubjectRe: [bk patches] Long delayed input update
    On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 07:58:50AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > > What machine this was on? Kernel config won't allow you to unselect that
    > > option if AT Keyboard is selected, and that's always selected when
    > > CONFIG_PC is.

    > Ahh. It's a G5 mac, so I guess it isn't needed. Even so, that thing
    > shouldn't show up. If I don't have AT keyboard _or_ mouse selected, it
    > shouldn't be there - they should "select" it, and if nothing uses it, then
    > there isn't anything to do. In no case should it show up as a question.

    I can hide it, the reasoning was that it may be useful for out-of-kernel
    modules, and because of that it's possible to enable it even when there
    are no users, and only then it's an option.

    atkbd and psmouse do "select" it.

    > > > and has it in any way been tested on the millions of different
    > > > versions of kbd controller clones out there?
    > >
    > > Does a few months in Andrew's tree count?
    >
    > So it has been part of the -mm tree? Good.

    Yes.

    --
    Vojtech Pavlik
    SuSE Labs, SuSE CR