    SubjectRe: Fw: Re: 2.6.11-rc2-mm2
    On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 06:21 -0500, Joseph Fannin wrote:

    > I'm getting a blank screen with radeonfb on two boxes here as
    > well. One is a beige g3, the other is i386; both have PCI Radeon 7000s
    > with radeonfb non-modular.
    >
    > On the PC I could see the earliest kernel messages in VGA text
    > mode before radeonfb took over and the screen went blank -- no
    > penguin, and the logo is enabled. Booting with radeonfb:off seemed to
    > work except for the module problem in -rc2-mm2:
    >
    > On the ppc box I tried both -rc2-mm1 and -rc2-mm2. Both hung and
    > then rebooted after 3 minutes, so it seems to be panicing somewhere.
    > I backed the massive-radeonfb patch out of -mm2 and radeonfb worked,
    > so I got as far as the module thing again.
    >
    > So yeah, it's possible that there's something in -mm1 that panics
    > my ppc, and radeonfb is just making a blank screen, but it seems more
    > likely that radeonfb is panicing. I tried to get netconsole working
    > on both machines, but it didn't work out for unrelated reasons.
    >
    > Hopefully I'll have more time to poke at this tomorrow; maybe this
    > is helpful somehow.

    Hrm... indeed, there seem to be a problem, though I can't tell for sure
    what's up now, it just works on all the configs I had a chance to test
    on. Can you try to boot your G3 with serial console so you can see the
    panic message if any ?

    Ben.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.037 / U:5.392 seconds]