SubjectRe: 2.4.29: strange behaviour system clock

I have also seen such offsets on some boxes running at EADS (a Compaq
Proliant [<-- this one has a very small offset] and a no name machine
[<-- this one is terrible in 10 minutes 2-3 minutes too fast]). I have
no numbers at the moment.
If you need some more information please contact me.

I tried to fix this issue also, but haven't found any solution. Both
servers are running SuSE Linux I think on 8.x (2.4 kernel). I don't know
at the moment if we tried already an update to 2.6 kernel.

For the moment our fix is a 10 minute cronjob which execute
hwclock --hctosys
because hardware clock is running correct.

A fix or a hint whats wrong would be very nice :-).

Michael Obster