    SubjectRe: [XEN] using shmfs for swapspace

    > so this tends to suggest a strategy where you allocate as
    > much memory as you can afford to the DOM0 VM, and as little
    > as you can afford to the guests, and make the guest swap
    > files bigger to compensate.

    This is essentially what the mainframe folks are already doing and have
    been doing for some time because the kernel VM has no external inputs
    for saying "you are virtualised so be nice"
    for doing opportunistic page recycling ("I dont need this page but when
    I ask for it back please tell me if you trashed the content") and for
    hinting to the underlying VM what pages are best blasted out of
    existance first and how to communicate so we dont page them back in
    scanning them.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.045 / U:2.012 seconds]