SubjectRe: Promise IDE DMA issue
John Wong wrote:

>Latest 1.009 BIOS flashed last night. I'll try out some BIOS settings,
>but the settings work fine with Windows XP. That's why I think it could
>be something with the driver. This is with the PDC202XX_NEW on kernel
>2.6.10 The DMA timeout happens sporadically, but as of yet, has yet to
>reoccur. The change from 1.008 to 1.009 mentions nothing about the
>Promide IDE.
>
>John
>
>On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 01:00:59PM -0500, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>

>>John Wong wrote:
>>

>>>I recently upgraded fron a nVidia nForce2 MCP-T based A7NX-DX
>>>motherboard to an A8V DX, Via K8T800 Pro. Now occassionally, I get
>>>DMA issues on a drive attached to a Promise 133 TX2 controller (20269).
>>>

>>I would try fiddling with BIOS settings, and make sure you have the
>>latest BIOS.
>>
>> Jeff

Sounds simlar to the problems i'm having with the channels resetting
under heavy load, and then fudging DMA, and i'm not the only one havign
these issues, seems its a common problem with these cards, not sure if
theres been some slight changes in the chip itself or wether there is a
fault with the kernel driver, as you say, it seems that the problem does
not occour under windows.

Joel

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.042 / U:0.108 seconds]