SubjectRe: AT keyboard dead on 2.6
Hi,

> We do test AUX port and your port appears to be perfectly functional
> from the kernel point of view - it porperly responds to AUX_LOOP
> commands, does not claim to support MUX mode and KBC properly sets
> status register when asked to disable interface...

ok, but how AUX block KBD port? if procesor-interface works, it
shouldn't disturb communication in any way! how it is possible that
tests do not detect broken down port? if kernel enables it in some way
(when disabling port from command line, KBD works ok), it should be
detected that AUX does not work correctly and lock it somehow? can it be
etermined by analyzing data flow? or maybe tests are not enought good,
maybe some corelations when using both KBD and AUX exist and are not
tested? as my keyboard works now, i'm not keen on solving this, but to
make the world better and dominate it, some "runtime hardware failures
handling" could be added.

--
May the Source be with you.
wixor