SubjectRe: kconfig: help includes dependency information
On Sat, Jan 01, 2005 at 05:02:55AM +0100, Ingo Oeser wrote:

> I would prefer this information at the END of the help text,
> since it is actually most useful to developers and more advanced users
> and thus equals in value to the old notice how a module is called.

Thats where it is placed.

> Using the verbose config information and linking to their help texts would
> make it even more user friendly in my opinion.
verbose config option - please explain what you have in mind here.

> "depends on:" is not really needed, since you usually cannot select any
> option, where you didn't fulfill the dependencies, AFAICS.
It is sometimes usefull to see what a specific config option is dependent
of. But you are right that it is not visible in menuconfig (today) when
"depends on" is not satisfied.

I'm digging through Petr Baudis patch to link lxdialog with kconfig -
and when finished I may look into extending menuconfig a bit.

Sam

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.145 / U:1.768 seconds]