    SubjectRe: 2.6.9 & 2.6.10 unresponsive to keyboard upon bootup
    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

    >> Dmitry,
    >> I do not have a Synaptics touchpad on this computer nor do I have the
    >> driver installed (though all I know is 'grep SYN .config' returned
    >> empty, so I may be mistaken).  Does the Synaptics driver mess with the
    >> keyboard at all?
    > Not exactly - Synaptics X driver "grabs" the device it uses so other
    > processes do not get any data from the touchpad when its active. When
    > keyboard and mouse initialization got swapped around many people who
    > were specifying /dev/input/event0 as a device were in for surprise as
    > the driver "grabbed" keyboard making it impossible to type.

    Perhaps the wacom driver is doing some of its own grabbing. Does the
    evdev device matter to the console (i.e., a pty)?

    > [snip]
    > Does the keyboard work when you are not in X (like when booting to
    > runlevel 3)? It looks like everything is detected correctly...

    That's the thing -- the keyboard is unresponsive right from the login

    - Roey
     \ /
      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.019 / U:61.108 seconds]