SubjectRe: 2.6.9 & 2.6.10 unresponsive to keyboard upon bootup
On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:

>> Dmitry,
>>
>> I do not have a Synaptics touchpad on this computer nor do I have the
>> driver installed (though all I know is 'grep SYN .config' returned
>> empty, so I may be mistaken).  Does the Synaptics driver mess with the
>> keyboard at all?
>>

> Not exactly - Synaptics X driver "grabs" the device it uses so other
> processes do not get any data from the touchpad when its active. When
> keyboard and mouse initialization got swapped around many people who
> were specifying /dev/input/event0 as a device were in for surprise as
> the driver "grabbed" keyboard making it impossible to type.

Perhaps the wacom driver is doing some of its own grabbing. Does the
evdev device matter to the console (i.e., a pty)?

> [snip]
>
> Does the keyboard work when you are not in X (like when booting to
> runlevel 3)? It looks like everything is detected correctly...

That's the thing -- the keyboard is unresponsive right from the login
prompt.

- Roey

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.106 / U:0.104 seconds]