    SubjectRe: PATCH: 2.6.10 - Misrouted IRQ recovery for review
    > I saw this message coming out of ac2 with my runaway IRQ 18 problem, so
    > I tried irqpoll, and it just "went away" beyond sysreq or other gentle
    > recovery.

    That means that the cause of the IRQ that hung your machine was not one
    we had any driver for. Thats generally BIOS bogosities on a large scale.
    The irqpoll code can recover from cases where an IRQ turns up on the
    wrong IRQ line but for a registered driver and when an IRQ fails to turn
    up in which case the timer tick picks it up on x86 (which may or may not
    make it "useful").

    > I suspect that the problem lies in sharing the shared IRQ, and that
    > polling doesn't solve the problem, just changes it to a hang witing for
    > the misrouted IRQ. Still poking for the real cause, no patch or
    > anything, but acpi={off,ht}, noapic, pci=routeirq, etc have no benefit
    > (for me).

    That wouldn't really fit how the hardware works. You appear to have some
    unsupported device connected to that line and asserting IRQ right from
    boot.

    Alan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.021 / U:59.524 seconds]