    SubjectRe: How to start
    Jim Nelson wrote:
    > Eugene K wrote:
    >
    >> For many years I've been involved in OS/kernel and
    >> network development on various platforms (including
    >> Intel86) and OSes, but I am totally new to Linux. What
    >> would be an optimal way for somebody like me to learn
    >> both Linux driver development and Linux Kernel
    >> internals ?

    this has been very recently asked on the list. some of the suggested answers were:

    books:

    . linux kernel development by robert love
    . linux device drivers by Alessandro Rubini and Jonathan Corbet.
    . understanding linux kernel by Daniel P. Bovet and Marco Cesati.

    (last two will have new editions soon covering 2.6 kernels)

    regards,
    pedro venda.
    --

    Pedro João Lopes Venda