SubjectRe: How to start
Jim Nelson wrote:
> Eugene K wrote:
>> For many years I've been involved in OS/kernel and
>> network development on various platforms (including
>> Intel86) and OSes, but I am totally new to Linux. What
>> would be an optimal way for somebody like me to learn
>> both Linux driver development and Linux Kernel
>> internals ?

this has been very recently asked on the list. some of the suggested answers were:

. linux kernel development by robert love
. linux device drivers by Alessandro Rubini and Jonathan Corbet.
. understanding linux kernel by Daniel P. Bovet and Marco Cesati.

(last two will have new editions soon covering 2.6 kernels)

pedro venda.

Pedro João Lopes Venda