    Subject2.6.10-ac2 - more cdrecord wierdness
    I am trying to write a backup CD. The first write goes fine, I have rw
    permission on the device, I use /dev/hdc, all is fine. I can mount the
    CD, read it, etc.

    However - it was written with the -multi option so I can add things to
    it, since most of my backups are 50MB at a time. When I try to get the
    size (using a perl script) which does:
    cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc -msinfo
    I get permission denied. Even if I set cdrecord setuid (as a test, I
    don't run that way).

    Back to ide-scsi, the perl program allows me to have the best features
    of growisofs and some other usefulk features for backing up relatively
    small datasets on a single CD.

    Just a FYI - I assume there's a good reason why reading the unclosed
    filesystem size would compromise security.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.018 / U:79.876 seconds]