SubjectRe: [Lmbench-users] Re: pipe performance regression on ia64

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005, Larry McVoy wrote:

> I'm very unthrilled with the idea of adding stuff to the release benchmark
> which is OS specific. That said, there is nothing to say that you can't
> grab the benchmark and tweak your own test case in there to prove or
> disprove your theory.

Hmm.. The notion of SMP and CPU pinning is certainly not OS-specific (and
I bet you'll see all the same issues everythwre else too), but the
interfaces do tend to be, which makes it a bit uncomfortable..

Linus

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans