SubjectRe: Announce loop-AES-v3.0b file/swap crypto package
http://clemens.endorphin.org/LinuxHDEncSettings

Did you ever take a look at that page?!
I did. I´d say the best are the photos. The rest isn
´t much of a help.
Ever since I grabbed me SuSE Linux 8.2 and managed to
compile some standard kernel according to the
loop-aes.readme it´s proven to the world:
You do no longer need to study "Computer Science &
Economics" to encrypt 200GB serial ata drives with
128bit on AMD64 CPUs under linux.

As there is no replacement for loop-aes to be found
in the download section I´ll have to live with aes in
its "weak" CBC implementation.
Is there anyone out to think I´ll exchange
AMD64-optimized, rock solid code & working software
for dm-cryptoloop?

In case there are more complaints concerning loop-aes
everyone is free to launch either fixes or reveal
urls with something better at hand.
It should be:
-easy to compile
-rock solid in everyday usage
-survive power losses & crashes (yes, I play UT2004
from encrypted root + swap)
-compatible with the future
-third-party stand-alone software (not a kernel
patch)
-optimized for AMD64 CPU
-well documented
-bootable from removeable media
(usb-hdd/SD-Cards/etc.)
-able to move partition table from encrypted drive to
removable medium

I´m looking forward to read about your solutions!

--
10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/topmail