    SubjectRe: [fuse-devel] Merging?
    Il Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:01:09 -0800,  Andrew Morton <akpm@osdl.org> ha scritto:

    > Miklos Szeredi <miklos@szeredi.hu> wrote:
    > >
    > > Well, there doesn't seem to be a great rush to include FUSE in the
    > > kernel. Maybe they just don't realize what they are missing out on ;)
    >
    > heh. What userspace filesystems have thus-far been developed, and what are
    > people using them for?

    For my master laurea thesis I developed PackageFS that aims to
    transparently manage packages in several distros.
    There are also many other facilities:
    - View a directory-based tree of packages (with the files that each package owns)
    which can be nested by category, or by priority

    In the future
    - you will be able to add users to "packages" group to make them able
    to manage packages
    - you can mount the file system on a cluster to transparently manage
    several hosts

    You can find my thesis at http://packagefs.sourceforge.net

    I think FUSE is a very good idea (as good as the actual implementation is),
    IMHO it should be inserted in the mainline kernel.
    Thanks to Miklos and other developers.

    Luca
    --
    Non ci toglieranno mai....la LIBERTA'!!!
    Luca Ferroni