    Subject[kbuild 0/5] Some of our patches
    Hello,

    here are some of our current patches that I consider appropriate for
    mainline:

    patches/check-symvers.diff
    Warn when building external modules without modversions

    Users often try to build additional external modules without compiling
    the whole kernel first, and without the Module.synvers dump file.
    This results in modules without modversions, which can be dangerous.

    patches/default-configuration.diff
    Don't use the running kernel's config file by default

    Targets such as menuconfig fetch their default configuration from the
    running kernel if .config doesn't exist. This often is the wrong
    thing. Don't look at the running kernel for the usual configure
    commands. Instead, add a new cloneconfig target (see next patch).

    patches/cloneconfig.diff
    Add cloneconfig target

    This fetches the configuration from the running kernel, and configures
    the kernel source tree based on that.

    patches/mod_param-typeinfo.diff
    Include type information as module info where possible

    This patch was on the LKML before; it should have been merged but got
    lost.

    patches/remove-buildenv-paths-from-binaries.diff
    Don't include absolute filenames in binaries

    When building RPMs, we don't want build environment specific path names
    to appear in binaries.

    Regards,
    --
    Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@suse.de>