    SubjectRe: Can I ask a smbfs question here?
    /usr/sbin/smbmnt ?

    After I chmodded /usr/bin/smbmnt one, I got:
    libsmb based programs must *NOT* be setuid root.
    29612: Connection to nata failed
    SMB connection failed

    I do not have /usr/sbin/smbmnt

    >>not remember which one - found its name in one of FAQs) and specified
    >Are you sure it's "users" and not "user" ?
    I actually tried both. The reaction is the same (may be synonims?). As
    soon as I specify it, codepage= and iocharset= parameters are no longer
    recognized and an error message starts to appear in the
    /var/log/messages saying that "noexec" parameter is not recognized by
    smbfs (Jan 9 15:24:09 NS kernel: smbfs: Unrecognized mount option
    noexec). This is actually not a big issue as I could write a script with
    "sudo mount /my/mountpoint". And I probably can exclude this line from
    my fstab and specify the parameters in this script. This just does not
    look very user-friendly to me (ok for my single-user laptop). It appears
    that I cannot use fstab with smbfs volumes if I want international

    >>Any ideas if it is possible to fix this? I can "sudo mount" all the time
    >>but it does not sound right...
    >And what's wrong with smbmount ?
    >smbmount //server/share /your/mountpoint -o
    >Works like a charm as long as /usr/sbin/smbmnt is suid-root

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.047 / U:0.464 seconds]