SubjectRe: Linux HDLC Stack - N2 module
Adam Anthony <AAnthony@sbs.com> writes:

> Krzysztof and Ueimor,
> Following the advice prescribed below, I've had a look at existing
> HDLC work in the kernel. I tried firing up a Riscom/N2 adapter with the
> 2.4.28 N2 module and HDLC support but was faced with a number of problems.
> It seems like the transmit buffers aren't getting emptied after transmit,
> because I can only transmit a few frames before traffic halts. Transmit
> statistics don't increment either, but I am seeing frames on the remote end.

Looks like IRQ problem. Can you see IRQ handler being called?
I.e. doesn the counter in /proc/interrupts increment?

> Has the N2 module been tested with recent kernels? Is it useable?

It should be, though I haven't used N2 card for a year maybe.
Still, other cards (c101 and pci200syn) share the same low-level
driver core, I know people with c101 (not sure about their kernel
versions) and I personally use pci200syn with latest 2.6 kernels.

There are some issues wrt Frame-Relay code (no PVC list locking,
there is some small possibility of kernel panic etc. while removing
a PVC on live interface - will fix when time permits, problem never
reported).
--
Krzysztof Halasa