SubjectRe: High write latency, iowait, slow writes 2.6.9
Thanks... I've tried the as, deadline and cfq schedulers. Deadline is
giving me the best results. I've also tried tweaking the stuff in
/sys/block/sda/queue/iosched/.

For lack of a better way of describing it, it seems like something is
thrashing.

Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> In article <41E4BB99.90908@zanfx.com>,
> Paul A. Sumner <paul@zanfx.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a new server that during big io tasks, e.g., bonnie++ and
>>tiobench testing, becomes very unresponsive. Both bonnie++ and tiobench
>>show good read performance, but the write performance lags, max
>>latencies are into the *minutes* and it experiences extended high
>>iowait. I'm guessing the iowait may not be a real problem. The machine
>>is as follows:
>

> Try another IO scheduler (boot with elevator=deadline or elevator=cfq
> on the kernel command line)
>
> Mike.
>
> -

Paul A. Sumner
Principal Software Engineer

Moore Iacofano Goltsman, Inc. (MIG)
800 Hearst Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94710
Office: 510-845-7549 ext. 191
FAX: 510-845-8750
Mobile: 510-812-1520

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.095 / U:0.536 seconds]