SubjectRe: thoughts on kernel security issues
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 08:48:57PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Quite frankly, nobody should ever depend on the kernel having zero holes.
> We do our best, but if you want real security, you should have other
> shields in place. exec-shield is one. So is using a compiler that puts

That reminds me...

What are the chances of exec-shield making it into mainline anytime
in the near future? It's the *big* feature that has me preferring
Red Hat/Fedora vendor kernels over mainline kernels, even on non-Red
Hat/Fedora distributions. (I know that parts of exec-shield are already in
mainline, but I'm wondering about the parts that haven't been merged yet.)

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn@pobox.com>