    SubjectRe: page table lock patch V15 [0/7]: overview
    Nick Piggin <> wrote:
    > Christoph Lameter wrote:
    > > Changes from V14->V15 of this patch:
    > Hi,
    > I wonder what everyone thinks about moving forward with these patches?

    I was waiting for them to settle down before paying more attention.

    My general take is that these patches address a single workload on
    exceedingly rare and expensive machines. If they adversely affect common
    and cheap machines via code complexity, memory footprint or via runtime
    impact then it would be pretty hard to justify their inclusion.

    Do we have measurements of the negative and/or positive impact on smaller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.018 / U:12.304 seconds]