SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] remove SPF-using wbsd lists from MAINTAINERS
Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2005-01-10 at 18:43, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
>>IMHO lists rejecting emails based on some non-standard extension don't
>>belong into MAINTAINERS.
>

> Find out why someone is publishing records saying your mail isnt valid
> instead of moaning here. If they are using SPF and you are not using any
> strange extensions its fine. You or your provider appears to be
> advertising that stusta.de doesn't use the mail relay you are using.

I think I've fixed the problem now. It wasn't that there were published
records for stusta.de, the problem was that the mail server couldn't
resolve your domain. For some reason everything from the DNS I'm using
to your DNS gets dropped. The mail server takes the paranoid route and
assumes the worst when it cannot contact dns servers (that's why you got
a 4xx, not a 5xx). I've now changed DNS which will hopefully solve the
issue.

As for dropping the mailing list out of MAINTAINERS then I'd prefer you
didn't (of course). But I will not remove the filters on the servers
since they remove a lot of spam. If that means it cannot be in
MAINTAINERS, then so be it.

Rgds
Pierre

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.079 / U:0.208 seconds]