    SubjectRe: SCHED_BATCH not stopped (swsusp fails)
    Pavel Machek wrote:
    > Hi!
    >

    >>SCHED_BATCH processes dont seem to heed the `stop' request (order?) by
    >>swsusp. I run httpd and mysqld (for my wiki page) with SCHED_BATCH (so
    >>that I can work on my computer even if the load is very high) but when I
    >>try to suspend the system, it tries to stop the tasks and simply returns.
    >>Here is the dmesg output (paritial)
    >

    > Aha, so if it mysqld is not running SCHED_BATCH priority, stopping
    > mysqld will work ok?

    That makes sense.

    Sorry, SCHED_BATCH is unique to my tree at the moment so this is my
    mistake for not considering it. I'll have to transiently schedule
    SCHED_BATCH tasks as SCHED_NORMAL if we are going into swsusp. It's
    something I'll have to work on. In the interim, a workaround would be to
    convert all httpd threads to SCHED_NORMAL before shutting down in your
    scripts somewhere and convert them back after resuming.

    Cheers,
    Con

    P.S. Raj the --cutme-- thing in your email is very annoying for those of
    us who reply to up to 300 emails a day (and yes I do know why you do it,
    but if you keep doing it people will stop replying directly to you).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:09    [W:0.023 / U:0.032 seconds]