    SubjectRe: [Linux-usb-users] USB problem with a mass storage device on 2.6.10
    What is in /proc/bus/usb/devices when it doesn't work (and when it works)?
    What command fails?

    On Mon, 10 Jan 2005, Roseline Bonchamp wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a PQI 1GB Intelligent Stick, which does'nt work most of the
    > time on 2.6.10 (sometime when I plug/unplug it does work, but most of
    > the time it does'nt)
    >
    > When it does not work, I see this when I plug it:
    >
    > kernel: usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
    > kernel: usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
    > kernel: usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5
    >
    > When it does work, I only see the first one (high speed), and then USB
    > mass storage stuff.
    >
    > On kernel 2.6.9 it does work, but seems to produce a kernel crash (log
    > attached) (but I still can use it and mount it)
    >
    > I tried on a knoppix 3.6 (2.6.7, not vanilla) kernel, and it seems to work too.
    >
    > Even with 2.6.10 I have no problem with some other USB mass storage devices.
    >
    > I already did a post about this, but the subject of the mail was wrong
    > (sorry), and it was not mailed to linux-usb:
    > http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.1/0371.html
    >
    > Regards,

    |Stephen J. Gowdy | SLAC, MailStop 34, |
    |http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~gowdy/ | 2575 Sand Hill Road, |
    |http://calendar.yahoo.com/gowdy | Menlo Park CA 94025, USA |
    |EMail: gowdy@slac.stanford.edu | Tel: +1 650 926 3144 |