    SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] cpu hotplug notifier for updating sched domains
    On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 12:19, Nick Piggin wrote:
    > Nathan Lynch wrote:
    > >Well, we have to "lie" to arch_init_sched_domains a little bit when
    > >bringing a cpu online, by setting the soon-to-be-online cpu's bit in the
    > >argument mask. So I think the first patch is still necessary.

    I'm still a little surprised that you don't change the domains while the
    machine is frozen (ie in take_cpu_down()). This should avoid any races,
    since noone can be looking at the domains at this time.

    > Do you have a theoretical race here? Can we hotplug a CPU before the notifier
    > is registered? (I know we *can't* because it is still earlyish boot).

    No, init has so many serial assumptions that this is the least of our

    Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot -- Rusty Russell

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.019 / U:1.036 seconds]