    Subjectfbdev broken in current bk for PPC
    Recent changes upstream are breaking fbdev on pmacs.

    I haven't had time to go deep into that (but I suspect Linus sees it
    too on his own g5 unless he removed offb from his .config).

    >From what I see, it seems that offb is kicking in by default, reserves
    the mmio regions, and then whatever chip driver loads can't access them.

    offb is supposed to be a "fallback" driver in case no fbdev is taking
    over, it should also be "forced" in with video=ofonly kernel command
    line. This logic has been broken.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.019 / U:7.504 seconds]