    SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc1-mm4 kjournald oops (repeatable)
    On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Lee Revell wrote:

    > On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 19:07, Richard A Nelson wrote:

    > > > Ok, if it still fails (I'll have to wait until this afternoon for the
    > > > true test - dpkg breaks it everytime), I'll check out preempt.
    > >
    > > Well, it looks like backing out the patch was sufficient, I've made it
    > > through the torture that is a dpkg install (70+meg).
    > >
    > > So we needn't (at this time) look to preempt.
    >
    > Hmm, I have been running this patch for weeks as part of the voluntary
    > preemption patches, and put it through every torture test I can think
    > of, with nary an Oops. None of the other VP testers have reported
    > problems either. Maybe this is some interaction between that patch and
    > something else in -mm.

    Interestingly, I notice Zwane had a very similiar oops, posted on the
    7th: Oops in __journal_clean_checkpoint_list
    He also had preempt enabled...

    I've found upgrading my Debian system using dselect to be a *very* good
    stress test of the filesystem...

    If you have candidates, I'll try to test them - I've typically had no
    problem reproducing the issue :)

    --
    Rick Nelson
    * Equivalent code is available from RSA Data Security, Inc.