    SubjectRe: Major XFS problems...
    On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 10:04:16AM -0500, Anando Bhattacharya wrote:
    > Jakob,
    > I am a XFS freak, I have a ton of servers with RAID <hardware> and
    > also run XFS over finely tuned NFS. Never had a problem. Only once
    > when there was a power faliure, the journal took 20 mins to read to
    > come back up. But otherwise XFS is pretty damn stable.
    > My xfs box just runs linux 2.4.18-xfs and runs nfs over it on an
    > Single Athlon 1800 or something like that has a 1GB of RAM and has a
    > 3Ware Raid card it shares to about 200 workstations.

    This, along with other information from XFS bugzilla and the xfs list
    etc. etc. seems to suggest that there is a common trend:

    SMP systems on 2.6 have a problem with XFS+NFS.

    UP systems on 2.4 and possibly 2.6 does not have this problem.

    We'll be testing with a UP kernel, next time the big server
    reboots (it's been up for the better part of a day now so it shouldn't
    take long ;)

    / jakob