    David Lang <> writes:

    > so far the best answer that I've seen is a slight varient of what Hans
    > is proposing for the 'file-as-a-directory'
    > make the base file itself be a serialized version of all the streams
    > and if you want the 'main' stream open file/. (or some similar
    > varient)

    > in fact it may make sense to just open file/file to get at the 'main'
    > stream of the file (there may be cases where the concept of a single
    > main stream may not make sense)

    So what happens if I have a text file foo.txt and add an author
    attribute to it? When I read foo.txt the next time it's supposed to
    give me a serialized version with both the contents of foo.txt _and_
    the author attribute?

    That would definitely confuse me.

    Or did I misunderstand something?

    Freelance consultant specializing in device driver programming for Linux
    Christer Weinigel <>

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.020 / U:142.384 seconds]