SubjectRe: New proposed DRM interface design
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 01:51:24AM +0100, Dave Airlie wrote:
>
>>>Then drm_core would always be bundled with the OS.
>>>
>>>Is there any real advantage to spliting core/library and creating three
>>>interface compatibily problems?
>>
>>Yes we only have one binary interface, between the core and module, this
>>interface is minimal, so AGP won't go in it... *ALL* the core does is deal
>>with the addition/removal of modules, the idea being that the interface is
>>very minor and new features won't change it...
>
> Umm, the Linux kernel isn't about minimizing interfaces. We don't link a
> copy of scsi helpers into each scsi driver either, or libata into each sata
> driver.

Oh for crying out loud! I have posted a clear, concise explaination of
why THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN at least 10 times. Unless you are willing to
take over all user support issues that this *WILL* create from now until
the end of time on all DRI supported platforms, GO AWAY! Your endless
squaking is doing nothing be waste developer time. For the DRI project,
that is a very valuable commodity.

P.S.: Welcome to my spam filter.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.251 / U:0.092 seconds]