    Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com> said:
    > Horst von Brand wrote:
    > >Spam <spam@tnonline.net> said:
    > >>Christer Weinigel <christer@weinigel.se> said:

    [...]

    > >Which is broken, as it forbids hard links to files.

    > No, it forbids hard links to the directory aspect of the file-directory
    > duality.

    How do you distinguish a "hard link to the directory personality" from
    "hard link to the file personality"? And how do you make sure that only one
    of them can be followed if you go to the directory, while allowing several
    to the exact same file?!

    > >Now you have 3 principal types of objects: Directories, containers (files
    > >with streams), and files (no streams).

    > No, the reiser4 design supports only files and directories, but makes
    > them able to do what people use streams for.

    I.e., you have files/directories with/without "use as streams" stuff. 4
    types (or uses) of things.

    > The reiser4 design is based on a hatred of streams, and a desire to show
    > that adding more features to files and directories makes streams
    > unnecessary.

    Trade one ugly wart for others...