> Spam <> wrote:

>> One suggestion is missed. It is to provide system calls for copy.
>> That would also solve the problem.

> No, it would not. If you read the POSIX.1 specification for cp
> carefully <>, you will
> notice that the process for copying a regular file is carefully
> standardized. A POSIX.1-conforming cp implementation would not
> be allowed to copy additional streams, unless either additional
> options are given or the type of the file being copied is other
> than S_IFREG. And cp is just one example of a standardized file
> handling program.

It would solve the problem in Linux. However, it may not be POSIX.1
compatible. On the other hand I read that NTFS 5.0 is POSIX.1
compliant - and Windows uses copy system call. NTFS also has streams
support using special character in the file names to select the

Surely there must be a solution in Linux that will allow things like
streams and meta-data(meta-streams) be visible to the user.

> Gunnar

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.713 / U:33.388 seconds]