    Subjectclustering and 2.6
    All,
    I'm having some issues when trying to use some clustering software when
    running any 2.6.x kernel.
    Basically, there are 2 nodes connected to 1 storage storage enclosure.
    When node 1 comes up it reserves the volume(s) in the enclosure. When
    node 2 comes up the read capacity fails as expected because of the
    SCSI reservation. However, if node 1 fails node 2 breaks the reservation,
    but cannot register the disk. At this time we're assuming it's because the read
    capacity failed and the size of the disk is zero blocks.

    The SCSI mid-layer sets a bogus size on a device when read capacity fails.
    Is this the preferred way to get around this issue? Seems like there
    should be a better way.

    Any input is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    mikem

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:5.702 / U:0.388 seconds]