    SubjectRe: New proposed DRM interface design
    Some examples of merging are turning two independent radeon
    personality modules into a single one. Another thing I need to do is
    to extract the printk support from the core fb module and put it
    somewhere I can get to it from DRM. We can't have two cores trying to
    attach to the same device and then doing takeover_console().

    Mode setting will be a lot of new code since Alan's proposed design
    doesn't match any of the existing solutions. I will try to reuse
    snippets where I can.

    On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:38:05 +0100, Hamie <> wrote:
    > Alright... So you have drm at the lower level, and the fb sits ontop of
    > that... The fb just becomes a user of the DRM... No merge necessary
    > then, because all the actual hardware access, memory allocation etc
    > would live in drm? Is that right? And all the 2D code would also move
    > into the DRM? (IIRC the DRM just has 3D stuff in it yes? IMO It would
    > made sense to have all the acceleration & hardware access in the DRM
    > together rather than in a separate place... Correct?)

    Jon Smirl

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.019 / U:0.248 seconds]