    SubjectRe: NVIDIA Driver 1.0-6111 fix
    On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 19:20, J.A. Magallon wrote:
    > On 2004.09.05, Horst von Brand wrote:
    > > Lee Revell <> said:
    > > > Tim Fairchild <> said:
    > >
    > > [...]
    > >
    > > > I have never understood why these people don't just run Windows.
    > >
    > > Some run Linux because it _works_, and also want to play.
    > >
    > and why do people think that a fast 3d card is only used to play ?
    > I'm involved in graphics modelling, 3d simulation, 3d realtime and so on.
    > Try to run softimage on top of software GL...
    > Or run a lighting simulation of a building on top of the nv+mesa combo.

    These users I would expect to use a 3D card with open source drivers,
    since correctness is more important than performance in these

    I am more interested in using hw-accelerated 3D for GUIs for audio
    apps. It's by far the cheapest way to update banks of meters, etc. A
    binary only 3d driver is out of the question, it's hard enough to get it
    all to work when you have the source...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:3.376 seconds]