SubjectRe: New proposed DRM interface design

Actually after sleeping on this, I've just realised technically whether
the code is in a core separate module or driver module is only going to
affect maybe 5% of the work and the Makefiles/Kconfig at the end, so
following the principles of a)least surprise, b) kernel must remain
stable, I think I can proceed with moving stuff into libraries and the
likes without making the final decision until later, we will probably
start with having the library type code in the driver (where it is now)
and make it possible to change later, as it evolves..

I'll do some more research...

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.137 / U:0.200 seconds]