SubjectRe: [RFC/patch] macro_removal_agp_mtrr.diff
Date
On Saturday 04 September 2004 09:23, Dave Airlie wrote:
>Okay here is an updated patch:
>
>I've taken suggestions from Christoph and Arjan on board,
>
>My only issue is with the stuff in drm_os_linux.h, I've had to make
> a dummy AGP structure, and add the mtrr_add/mtrr_del stubs (as they
> are fine on x86 but don't exist on anything else..) but perhaps a
> small ugly in there is better than big uglies elsewhere...
>
>I might be able to drop the OS_HAS_AGP from the drivers, but that'll
> be a job that requires testing via CVS (as that is where we have
> the people with the different cards..)
>
>Dave.

Having followed this discussion a bit without really understanding it,
I'd like to make a commment.

I was over to the x.org site this morning, looking to see if I could
dl the latest tag to see if it would speed up my Extacy(ATI radeon)
9200SE w/128 MB of memory any. Tuxracer is a 2 seconds per frame
game now, and of course unplayable. And requires a reboot to restore
x when you *have* managed to quit it, quite a feat in itself
considering the mouse updates are equally slow, and apparently being
'smoothed', meaning multiple frame lags after the mouse has been
stopped.

Unforch, it appears not to be available as a tarball, or group of
tarballs stuffed in a "grab all these" directory. While I probably
wouldn't be anything but a src of distracting questions, I still
wouldn't mind an opportunity to build and test (and report on the
grins and scowls) this if it can be built in a sandbox, leaving the
existing X.org-6.7 release intact for rescue recovery. I have the
disk space, and plenty of cpu cycles I can steal from setiathome, so
thats not a major problem.

Is the present, developers only access intended, or am I a dummy that
can't see a link if it bit me?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.043 / U:0.272 seconds]