    SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Full CPU-usage on sis5513-chipset disc input/output-operations
    Hendrik Fehr writes:
    > Mikael Pettersson writes:
    > > [...]
    > > These are "received illegal vector" errors. They indicate
    > > a serious problem, either with the local APIC bus itself,
    > > or with how the ACPI/MP tables cause us to program the local
    > > and I/O APICs.
    > >
    > > Do the errors persist if you disable ACPI?
    > >
    > I just tried the following two things:
    > Boot option "acpi=off" (made the cusour switching faster on and off). And when
    > it came to ide setup i get lots of "hda lost interrupt". The system is
    > unbootable with that option.
    > With boot option "noapic" there are no more APIC error messages. Should i add
    > that boot option to my defaults in /etc/lilo.conf?

    Try pci=noacpi (or however that option which prevents ACPI PCI
    IRQ routing is spelled) first.

    noapic is a workaround for breakage in other subsystems.
    You'll lose interrupt vectors, but that may be preferable
    to instability.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:05    [W:0.020 / U:10.004 seconds]