SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc2-mm4
Date
On Tuesday 28 September 2004 03:01, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >do you know which particular subsystem broke (by comparing the
>> > failed and the successful bootlogs)?
>>
>> How do we save the broken bootlog when the machines only response
>> is to the reset key?
>
>what i use is serial logging to another machine. A digital camera is
>fine too, if the problem area is still visible on the screen.
>(Netconsole is useful too for other type of hangs but it's not
> active at such an early stage yet.)
>
> Ingo

Unforch, I don't have a spare seriel port Ingo. One is running my x10
stuffs, and the other is monitoring my belkin ups. The ups has a usb
connection too, but belkins monitor soft doesn't support it... They
don't have a real strong support linux attitude, and they apparently
do their linux development on a board with a broken usb1.0 interface,
like my firewall box's Tyan Trinity S-1590 has. It does mice ok, but
hook up anything that can output more than a 5 byte packet and the
machine is locked up instantly.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)