    SubjectRe: 2.6.9-rc2-mm4
    Date
    On Tuesday 28 September 2004 03:01, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    >* Gene Heskett <gene.heskett@verizon.net> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >do you know which particular subsystem broke (by comparing the
    >> > failed and the successful bootlogs)?
    >>
    >> How do we save the broken bootlog when the machines only response
    >> is to the reset key?
    >
    >what i use is serial logging to another machine. A digital camera is
    >fine too, if the problem area is still visible on the screen.
    >(Netconsole is useful too for other type of hangs but it's not
    > active at such an early stage yet.)
    >
    > Ingo

    Unforch, I don't have a spare seriel port Ingo. One is running my x10
    stuffs, and the other is monitoring my belkin ups. The ups has a usb
    connection too, but belkins monitor soft doesn't support it... They
    don't have a real strong support linux attitude, and they apparently
    do their linux development on a board with a broken usb1.0 interface,
    like my firewall box's Tyan Trinity S-1590 has. It does mice ok, but
    hook up anything that can output more than a 5 byte packet and the
    machine is locked up instantly.

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:06    [W:0.025 / U:30.436 seconds]